Monday, April 09, 2018

April at Acorns and Threads

On the first Thursday of the month, the Pacific Northwest Stitchers get together at Acorns and Threads and we have an absolute blast. 


I'm not at a point on either of my current cross stitch projects where I can stitch and follow the conversation at the same time, so I brought one of my vintage crewel kits and made a surprising amount of progress over the three hours or so that I was there.


This thing is almost done -- I've just got to remind myself how to do French knots.

It looks like there is a series of at least five of these harvest gold kitchen kits. I've found three in separate thrift shops and would love to find the other two small kits (the tobacco tin and maple syrup tin) Wouldn't these make a fun wall quilt if I ever got all of them stitched up?


2 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

You must have been there with Pretty Southern & she did a floss tube.

Michelle said...

I'm one of the stitchers who was in the beginning of the video she did that day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails