Saturday, May 06, 2017

Walking Instead of Cutting Fabric



The plan for last night was to cut the fabric on the left into triangles to make more of the units on the right. Instead of doing that, I walked a couple of miles with the boys.

So do I feel guilty about not sewing...or proud of myself for walking? We've been taking a different route this week. It's not as steep and there aren't as many houses so there aren't so many dogs to bark at us. And the scenery isn't the exact same stuff we've been looking at for the past eleven years.


This post is linked to Patchwork Times, Main Crush Monday, Monday Making,  Moving it Forward

7 comments:

Libby in TN said...

Good for you! My mom always said the kids won't remember they lived in a clean house, but they WILL remember you took time to play games with them.

Suze said...

It's a lot easier to cut fabric after dark than to walk, too. I need to walk more and tried walking with my three year old granddaughter. We walked a short distance. She was great and held my hand. I got to the point where I planned to turn around and I was in pain. I came home and haven't been out of the house since. I have an invisible disability, though.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

It is always wonderful to take a break from quilting and go for a walk. Walking with your kids is always special too!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Walking can be so good for the soul. It often can clear my head and brings new creativity to my projects.

maggie fellow said...

and then while you are resting from the walk, you can cut and sew all wins

Miaismine said...

Waling with you boys is too precious to pass up. Fabric will always be there, but they grow up so fast! My kiddos are all grown up. I could sew all day if I wanted, but what I would give for one more day of my kids' childhood! :)

em's scrapbag said...

Feel good about walking and making memories with your boys. The fabric will wait. Happy Mother's Day! You're a great mom

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails