Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Grandma Wasn't on Pinterest, but...

Sometimes I wonder. Then I remind myself that her house was Pinterest perfect decades before Pinterest was even a thing.


It's time to put her house on the market and I've brought home boxes of Pyrex and the stand mixers, and old towels because in our house there are never ever enough towels no matter how many I buy... I can't tell you how lucky I feel to have a husband who told me after she died two years ago to bring home whatever I wanted to have and not worry about it. Seriously, Mom and I were trying to figure out who had room for her sewing machine and he told me we'd find a place. After making sure that it was the machine she used and not just something she'd found at the thrift shop.

When I found this hanging in the garden from a birdhouse there was no way I was leaving it  for whoever buys the house to enjoy. I don't know if Grandma put it together herself or bought it with the plants already in place. I don't know if the pine cone was part of her plan or if it fell out of a tree and just landed there.

And it's driving me nuts!


I can't decide where in my own yard to hang it. If it gets stolen, I'll be crushed. If I kill the plants, I'll be even more crushed. I've been watching youtube videos about caring for succulents and getting ridiculously overwhelmed. (Are those little wispy bits weeds or part of the plant? They've thickened since I moved it from my kitchen to the tree and I don't know if I should do something with them or leave them as is.)

In case anyone was wondering, I did check Pinterest and there are lots and lots of hens and chicks in ladles. And sinks and toasters and typewriters and a million other gorgeous possibilities.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails